ABLE, Inc. in Bowman, ND saw another need in their community, recycling. On May 1, 1987 they opened up their recycling center at the main office in Bowman. At the end of 2014 they have taken in 758,707 pounds of aluminum cans. The recycling center offers the community a place to bring their aluminum cans as well as additional employment opportunities for people receiving services. The recycling center has a contract with Waste Management to recycling the aluminum that they collect. Every year on April 22nd the recycling center celebrates Earth Day. It is important that we show our commitment to providing a cleaner environment.
Bring your cans to 101 North Main Street Bowman, ND.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Phone Number: 701.523.5844
We are able to accommodate hours when needed
- It takes 80-100 years for an aluminum can to decompose in a landfill
- Aluminum cans can be recycled into: soda cans, pie plates, license plates, thumbtacks, aluminum foil and many other items
- Recycling one aluminum can can save enough energy to power a t.v. for up to three hours
- In the year 2000, 13,500 aluminum cans were recycled every minute in California
- Glass takes over 1,000,000 years to decompose in a landfill
- Glass can be recycled into jars, jewelry, bottles, dishes, drinking glasses, coffee mugs and many other items
- It can take up to 700 years for plastic to decompose in a landfill
- PET plastic can be recycled into: clothing, fiberfill for sleeping bags, toys, stuffed animals, rulers and more
EARTH DAY Saturday, April 22, 2017